1) Visit our FORUM. Now that we've finished the first half of the season, it would be a great time to talk about the stories you've read so far! What have you loved? What have you hated? What do you want to see more of/less of? I've stared a thread in the "Worlds of Beginning of Line" forum to start you off!
2) Spread the word! If you like what you're reading here, tell other Caprica fans you know about it! Our FB Fan Page is HERE, and our Twitter feed is HERE. Pass the links to those around as well as the link to this site. There are plenty of people who don't know about the site, but should, and I can only send out links so often. Uncle Sam Needs You! Uncle Sam Adama, that is! :)
3) You can read The Five interview (no longer The Friday Five/Artsy Mondays as they won't always be up on Fridays/Mondays as sometimes the writer and the artist are the SAME PERSON) for RYAN LAWRENCE author (and screencapper) of the fabulous Amanda story, "Punishment," which you can read in our STORY ARCHIVE. Take it away, Ryan:
That's a tough question! The best answer I can come up with is that I come from a place of honesty. If I hold anything of utmost importance in my life it's to be truthful, both to myself and to others. I've had to swallow my share of nasty truths and I think throughout season 1 of Caprica every character had to do the same. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to Battlestar in general - it's always shown the truth, be it ugly and menacing or the ray of hope beaming into the tunnel.
2) Favorite thing about writing fan fiction?
This was my first shot at it! I think my favorite part of this experience was taking my love for a character (Amanda) and giving them a new perspective. I chose to do a story on Amanda because viewers of the show criticized that she only cried and smoked in every episode. I felt this was a shallow interpretation of her and wanted to tell her story. I'm very happy with how it's turned out.
3) Least favorite thing about writing fan fiction?
I think getting the details hammered down was the most arduous task. Fans have a keen eye and they will notice everything. I was very concerned that someone might say, "But Amanda couldn't be pregnant at that time," or point out a flaw in age. I hope I mapped it out well enough so there's never that moment of, "Hey, wait!"
4) Of all the characters on Caprica, why did you choose to focus on Amanda in this way?
I think I chose Amanda because she's been shown to be a mixed up, hurting person. Maybe I'm ignorant of the variety of people in the world, but who hasn't at some point in their lives been able to relate to that? I have many times through my life and I wanted to paint her picture a little more clearly. I think a lot of people didn't buy the idea that "she's just crazy". I thought making her feel guilty about her brother's death would flesh out her insanity a little more. It doesn't help that she's with a maniacal (but loving!) person like Daniel.
5) If the technology were available, would you want to be resurrected as a skin-job cylon?
As long as I could form new memories and have a fully functioning brain I don't see why I wouldn't want to be. There are too many interesting things here on Earth now for me to imagine ever being bored. Besides - then I'd have plenty of time to continue the stories of Caprica!